-Operate Coordinate Measuring Machines using standardized CMM programs, PC DMIS LK CMES and Valisys/Empower.
-Follow written instructions for setup and operation of these programs.
-Communicate computer generated results per established Accept/Reject criteria.
-Manipulate CMM data using CAD.
-Maintain Calibration database records and follow standardized schedule for general CMM maintenance.
• Be accountable for working safely by following all safety rules and safe work practices.
• Always consider safety before action.
• Operate CMM in automatic program mode, using (PC DMIS, CMES & EMPOWER) programs
• Manipulate CMM results using CAD.
• Inspection and calibration of inspection fixtures and hand tools.
• Preparation of layout reports using computers.
• Maintain departmental equipment
• Must be able to Read/Comprehend English instructions.
• Computer literate (spreadsheets and word processor).
• Strong written and oral communication skills and legible handwriting.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Understanding of CMM operations (Desirable).
• PC DMIS experience . (Desirable)
• CAD skills (Desirable)
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Ability to read and interpret aerospace blueprints (in English) and customer specifications. (Desirable)
• Math, Algebra, Geometry, Trig. (Desirable)
• Understanding of ANSI Y14.5 and GD&T. (Desirable)
• Calipers, Micrometers, Height Gage, Surface Plate
Additional Information Needed:
• Some overtime required.
• Weekend work required
• Must be able to offer proof of US Citizenship or of Permanent Resident Alien upon hire.