The Maintenance Manager will manage the AC&R and maintenance activities and have the responsibility to direct, coordinate and facilitate all aspects of the maintenance team members.
Required Qualifications / Education:
- Manages maintenance activities and expense.
- Drive AC&R across the complex to improve throughput and maintain metrics.
- Partners with Production Departments to accommodate predictive maintenance activities, minimize downtime and scrap, and provide feedback regarding the status and availability of production equipment to Production Supervisors or Production Superintendents.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities concerned with some design, construction, modification, grounds, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in the plant.
- Leads maintenance teams (115 in total).
- Partners with Health, Safety, and Environmental team to ensure compliance with standards, practices, and policies for pollution control, installation, modification, quality control, testing, operating procedure, inspection, and maintenance of equipment, according to engineering principles and safety regulations.
- Identifies needs for major equipment repair and replacement, keeping in mind opportunities for improvement in efficiency, costs, environmental stewardship and safety.
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure consistent application of HR related policies and practices including collective bargaining agreements
- Participates in meetings/calls to share information between plants/facilities and within the Defiance Plant.
- Manages maintenance, equipment, and engineering vendors.
- Manages store clerk and MRO parts inventory. Ensures compliance with procures to pay metrics.
- Travel as needed to accomplish above duties.
- Support 24/7 operation
- Ensures all training and policies are maintained and executed
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering Degree Preferred)
- Experience working in a union environment
- 5 years' experience in managing manufacturing equipment maintenance and reliability along with supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and maintain preventive maintenance programs.
- Solid knowledge and experience of predictive maintenance programs.
- Working knowledge of power transmission, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems ranging from 110 to 13800 volts.
- Knowledge and compliance experience with environmental regulations and OSHA compliance.
- Proven project management ability.
- Formal troubleshooting/ problem-solving.
- Must be able to meet the demands required in a 365/24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal)
- Proven team building skills including facilitation and team member participation.
- Proven leadership skills
- SAP experience
- Experience with glass or ceramic operations
- Working knowledge of metals and fabrication.
- Basic water, treatment, quality, etc.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70E.
- Working knowledge of control logic and PLC experience (i.e. Allen Bradley).
- Continuous Improvement experience (Six Sigma/Lean).
- Working knowledge of CAD.