You will design and develop state-of-the-art, space-based communication systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs, as an Experienced DSP Subsystems/Algorithms Engineer (Level 4). You will also be part of a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Subsystems or Algorithm duties include:
• Designing and developing next generation RF and digital satellite communication systems
• Developing and verifying multi-rate, fixed-point signal processing algorithms
• Conducting performance analysis of signal processing models
• Performing waveform development and characterization
• Performing trade studies
• Supporting integration ant test of our payloads and spacecraft from unit level through in-orbit operations
• Supporting HDL-level design and verification
• Performing detailed system design and verification activities
• Leading teams
Project assignments typically span the unit life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite unit development and test. Candidates will belong to or lead a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists. Qualifications
This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Education & Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
-Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience,
-Master's with 7 or more years' experience
-Or PhD with 4 or more years' experience.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics.
Qualified candidates must have demonstrable experience in one or more of the following: digital communication theory and systems, digital signal processing (DSP), algorithm design and implementation, or systems engineering principles.
- 3+ years of experience with Matlab or Simulink.
- 5+ years of experience in Digital Signal Processing or Digital Communications
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering concepts (requirements definition, allocation, verification, architecture design and trade design).
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience leading teams of engineers.
- Experience working with ASICs or FPGAs
- Experience with lab equipment (oscilloscope, waveform generator, spectrum analyzer)